Wednesday, June 9, 2010

NARS Sheer Glow review

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation, Gobi 1 fl oz (30 ml)(Product can be purchase from either Sephora, Narscosmetics, Amazon or Nordstrom from what i know) 

So I've wanted to do a review on this foundation for awhile now... just a little bit of my perspective and opinion about this product. For reference I have EXTREMELY oily skin. I first got a sample of this foundation in Stromboli (NC37), absolutely loved it and was really surprised it worked pretty well for my oily skin. Same with everyone else, when i heard "glow" I immediately thought it'd be only for combo/dry skin. I read a ton of reviews and watched some YouTube reviews about it also and found it was working well for people with oily skin so figure I'd give it a shot.

I've been using this foundation for a little over 2 months now so I figure that's enough time to go ahead and do a review.

First off, this foundation is a light to medium coverage but buildable, application is pretty smooth, the consistency is not thick, its pretty runny but not watery at all. It doesn't have a pump on it, Sephora isn't selling the pumps yet but it IS sold on Narscosmetics.com now. I've tried this with about 5 different primers and i really didn't see a difference between that and NOT using a primer as far as staying power and staying matte goes, but using a primer will help the application go on smoother although I didn't find that necessary with this (at least for me anyway). Even though it says its a sheer GLOW, its actually more of a satiny matte finish.

For the first month of using this, I absolutely loved it! The packaging is very sleek and sophisticated looking, it comes in a glass bottle and has a twist off top. It kept me matte all day, I didn't have to blot as much as I normally did and when I did feel like i was starting to get oily mid day, it actually gave me more of a dewy look than oily. It never broke me out and i think it actually sort of made my skin better. I did always set it with either MAC's studio fix powder or MSFN, but I didn't really think it needed it. But unfortunately, it stopped working at keeping me matte after a month and a half of usage. I don't know if its because my skin got used to it and needed something better or I was producing more oily on my face, either way, this foundation stopped working as well as it first did at controlling oil. When i realized it started making me look shiny (mainly in my t zones) I went back to trying it with different face primers, that didn't help too much so i had to switch foundations and STILL on the quest to find my HG.

Overall, I think this foundation is totally worth the price ($42). I would probably say this foundation would be best for mildly oily/combo/dry skin. I still use it every now and then because i really love the coverage and love the fact that it never broken me out. (but then again im not really prone to breakouts).

If you've read through and survived this review, I give a pat on the back :P.. sorry for it being so long, didn't want to leave anything out for you guys! ALSO!!! Sephora also give samples so don't hesitate to ask for one! If you do need help trying to find a foundation match just to give you an idea of what your looking for before asking one of the SA's to help you match, temptalia has a foundation matrix which cross references foundation tones from MAC to other colors.. It's GENIUS I tell ya! :D

If you have any questions please feel free to ask! Have a wonderful day!!

2 comments:

  1. My skin is very oily too. Thanks for the review. I have to try it
    --------------------------------------------
    Visit me @ PetiteLittleGirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome! Yes def try it out... No harm... I'll be doing more foundation reviews soon so keep an eye out for that! Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete